Thursday, December 4, 2008

Cobwebs in my head…

Sweet strain of a forgotten lullaby,
Beckons me to take a walk down memory lane,
I wander along watching the little packets of recollections,
Amidst deep, dark, lost jungles the unravelled lain.

Wisps of a forgotten song on a familiar trail
Entice and elude like sun-dew on a leaf,
I seek, hoping it would come to me,
I pray and meditate, with little relief.

Insane is the landscape that surrounds me,
Juxtaposed with truths, half-truths and dreams I have seen.
I know not when the melody crept into my being,
Ungratified it haunts my sleep and every waking scene.

Silken are the strands that link the new to what I knew,
Slipping away at the slightest gust, it is but feign,
What the power of the mind promises,
For when remembrance ceases in me, I declare, god is profane!!

No comments: